Monday, August 25, 2014

Mission life in Cluj, Romania


8-22-14

MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a very busy day you guys had this week with school starting and a lot of work. It’s good to hear all of you stories and everything that’s going on back at home. It sounds like everyone is going pretty good.

Well things are going great for me. I’m just livin the good life out here in Cluj-Napoca and I can’t be any happier. Its been an extremely long week but also filled with a lot of things. Elder Busche and I are loving each other and I haven’t been this busy in a long time.

So last Monday night we went to another Universitatea Cluj futbol game for P-day. I love watching soccer and even though its only college soccer they’re pretty good and it’s a lot of fun.

Tuesday we had English start up which I love. It’s fun to teach and meet new people. We don’t have a lot of students but we have a few new younger students so that makes it fun. We are teaching beginners this transfer too so that’s nice. The people going to beginner classes are always a lot nicer and more friendly.

Wednesday we had a long day all the way to Sibiu. Sibiu is a city about 3 hours away where we had Zone training meeting. So all the missionaries from Sibiu, Brasov, and Cluj were there. We talked about some new things we are going to be trying to do as well and talking about how everything has been going. It was a good meeting and a lot of good presentations. I realized when I was there that I was the oldest missionary in my zone!!! What the heck!!! I couldn’t believe it. It’s really weird to think about. I don’t feel old but I guess I’m getting there. Wednesday night we had a long drive back to Cluj. I was singing some random song before we got on the bus and this guy turned around and said what is that song. And I was like I don’t know just like a general popular song and he was like oh yeah?!? And you’re wearing a badge that says Jesus Christ on it? Then he started screaming at me to get out of his conutry and that I’m going to go to hell. ha Yeah it was a little crazy but I was just like ok...


Thursday we had district meeting. We also had a lesson planned with our man Daniel but he didn’t show up and then ignored our call. That kinda stank but he actually came to church this week. He was a little rude with some of the members but we are still trying to work with him and we’re not giving up yet. Also on Thursday we had a district fast because Cluj has been extremely slow recently. Well that fast definitely worked and we saw a little miracle. So that very same day we got a call referral from another missionary. So there was this Romanian man who had been living in England for the past few years. He ended up running into the missionaries over there and got baptized. Well just last week he moved back to Romania for the summer in a city called Turda which is about 20 minutes from here. Since he has been here his mom and a few of her friends are really interested in the church that her son joined!!! So long story short, We are going to have a very exciting lesson with his mom and some other friends this Wednesday!! I talked to him a few days ago and he was really excited to hear from us and is looking forward to us teaching his mom. So pray that she is receptive to the message because she has a lot of potential!! I’ll tell you how it goes next week!

Friday we did some service with some members and then that night we did a member visit at Familia Condurachis house. They are a great old couple in our branch and know a lot of things. We had a really good lesson with them about revelation and it was the first time I’ve been over to their house so it was nice to get to know them more. They like to talk very fast so my companian was a little lost. ha He’s learning though and is doing really good. I remember when I was in those awkward situations when I couldn’t say anything. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Saturday we had English class which went well. Well I’m getting kicked off the internet right now so I can’t write anymore. The Church is true and I love it so much. I love you all and I hope that everyone is going great!! I miss you all and have a fantastic week!! Love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment