Monday, July 22, 2013

Elder Jacob Mayans 7-22-2013


Hello family.

Well this week has been a crazy one this week. But not crazy the way I like it. As you guys know, Elder Rasmussen is leaving this week. Between us trying to plan and him getting ready to leave, its been a little crazy. The elders that leave have to go down to Bucharest early so because I'm companions with one of them, I'm dragged along with them. At the moment I am in Ploiesti because we went to church yesterday and Elder Rasmussen served here for a long time and wanted to visit before he left. He has officially left me now and is on a train down to Bucharest. I get to stay in Ploiesti with a few of the elders here for the next few days until transfers on Wednesday. So yeah that what is happening to me right now. I’m basically living out of a backpack for a week.

So last week during internet time I wrote a lot and put it on a flash drive so that I could send it to you guys today but I totally forgot it! Such a bummer so I will send it to you guys next week with a bunch that happened last week. As for transfers I'm getting Elder Cunningham as my new companion. Elder Cunningham was and is my district leader in Galati so I already know him very well. All I can say is that it going to be a very different kind of transfer with him. He has lost a lot of the mission fire so hopefully I can get him back into shape. It’s definitely going to be a lot harder but I’m going to work him to death and do some missionary work. I’m excited and it is going to be a lot of fun. I love serving in Galati. It’s a great city and I'm excited to stay another transfer.

As for the past few days in Ploiesti, we went to church yesterday and it was super weird because there’s actually a chapel there and a pretty good size branch of about 40 people. The meetings were really good and I met a lot of new people. They all asked me if I was a new missionary serving there. I told them no that I was just visiting and they were all sad. Ha-ha they all told me that I need to come back. Romanians are so nice. I love them. Also last night I had my first official meal at a member’s home. The family that fed us are really strong members and they are pretty wealthy so we got fed very well. They have two little daughters that are really cute and were jumping on me all night. They’re crazy but super funny. The only thing I hate is hearing a 4 year old speak a thousand times better than me.

That’s about it for this week. Sorry, there will be a lot more next week. I love you all and I appreciate all the e-mails. Sorry if I don’t respond but I'm trying. And if you ever feel like sending an email please do- I love them. I love this gospel so much. It is because of this Gospel that gives me the strength and desire to get up every morning share it with others. A bunch of Americans walking the streets of Romania is really weird to people. Everyone is always just staring but I like it because then I can just walk up and start talking to them. And it’s funny because they don’t expect it.  I’m so happy to be a missionary. These are the latter days and people really are becoming prepared to receive the gospel. I know that through the Spirit we can find those people who are looking for it. It’s a beautiful thing. Love you all so much. You’re in my prayers.

Elder Mayans



Family

Mom, No I haven’t used my debit card but I do need something, and I have a little list of things you can send me. Also you can send anything you want really that you think might be useful. Thanks. And probably not too big cuz I have to travel with it.

-Taco Seasoning
-Cholula Hot sauce (ha-ha there’s no hot sauce here!!!)
-Flash Drives (probably a few cheaper ones instead of one expensive one because I dump all my pictures onto them so that I will have more room on my Camera. In the future I might actually send them home so that you can put it on the computer at home because I really don’t want to lose my pictures and I feel safer if I just sent it home.)
-Stickers


No comments:

Post a Comment