Monday, October 27, 2014

More adventures in Romania

10-27-2014

You guys are hilarious!!! That is the funniest costume I have ever seen. I can’t believe you guys would do that without me.

Well I don’t know where to start. It was a very bittersweet week this week. So I’ll start off with the big news. My Cluj days are coming to an end. Transfers are this Wednesday and I will be going to Pitesti, a city south kind of by Craiova. It should be good there and I’m excited but I am really sad to be leaving Cluj. I think Cluj has been the hardest city to leave on my mission because I’m so close with all of the members and I feel like we were so involved with them as a branch. It was very sad at church yesterday and all the members were like you stink that you’re leaving us. ha I gave a little goodbye and testimony in Sacrament and I will be visiting a lot of the members for the last time tonight and tomorrow.

So its been getting a lot colder this week and winter is coming really fast. I remember last winter here and I can’t say I’m looking forward to it. It will be interesting and we’re going to freeze. Elder Bushe and I went to the mall this week and got him a new winter coat.

On Wednesday of last week we finally were able to do home teaching with one of the members in the branch. Her name is Sora Constantin and we had Fratele Sas there too. It was nice. Just a little home teaching visit and we talked to her about praying in faith.

On Thursday we had our activity night with the branch. We watched another movie. This time Tangled in Romanian. ha it was really funny. We had another non-member family come and we were able to talk to them.

On Friday we had another lesson with Vasile and it was a really good lesson. He is actually progressing a lot and is really happy that we are taking the time to visit him. He was really sincere. I saw him on Sunday during church and he was really sad to hear that I was leaving. I told him I’ll see him again so we might be going to his house for a bit when you guys come and we visit Cluj!

Saturday we had a very long day. We had our last English class in the morning and then after that we cleaned and set up all day for a really big branch activity. It was a Fall Festival party and it was open to everybody. We ate Sloppy Joes and played games like doughnut on a string and apple bobbing. ha It was a huge success and had around 40 people show up. It was legit.

That’s about it for this week. I have to get offline because I’m going out to lunch right now with a few members but I love you all!!!!! Have a great week.
Go online and search "Ramura Cluj Napoca". Its a face book page and it has a lot of pictures of some of the things we have been doing with the branch.

P.S. We are gong to be getting I-pads in the next month!! So stoked!


No comments:

Post a Comment