Monday, January 6, 2014

Elder Mayans this week in Romania


1-6-2014

Hello everyone!!!

Well, another week has gone by and I have a few new things that have
happened. First off transfer boards came out this week and there are a
lot of big changes. So I am staying here and everyone else is leaving!
Crazy right. So I’m getting a new companion, Elder Brundage, and the
Sisters in Craiova are getting whitewashed. I don’t know what to think
except for that it will be interesting. Pretty much Craiova is
starting over again. ha I’m really excited to work with Elder Brundage.
He is going to be in his 4th transfer. He is a really nice guy and a
hard worker so we should do well together. I will now be the oldest
missionary in my district which is a first. Everything is going way too
fast and I still feel like I just got here.

So this past week has been a little rough. Elder Degraw and I are fine
but I feel like we don’t work the best together so I think a change is
good and we will get more done next transfer. This week the Spooners
came beck from being in America for the holidays. It’s really nice to
have them back and now there are more people at church. I really like
them and I feel like if they weren’t here then they would probably take missionaries out of Craiova.

Because this was the last week of the transfer, we had our last
English class which went really good. We gave 3 copies of the Book
of Mormon out and everyone enjoys us. Because we told them that
everyone is leaving and I’m staying, everyone was like aww you the
chief now. haha We had two lessons planned this week, one with an
english student and the other with Bogdan, a guy we met in a bloc. Those
both fell through which was a bummer because they are super nice
people. I know this mission is really hard but I don’t get it sometimes
because some of these people are the coolest people I have ever met.
They love us to death and they love to talk to us but they don’t want
anything to do with the church. It’s weird because I feel like I have a
hundred of friends all around the city but I don’t have any
investigatiors. Anyway, thats more of the depressing stuff so I will
stop talking about that. haha I know all I can do is keep trying and
try my best.

So for New Years we had permission so stay up till 12! It was amazing.
We went on the roof of the Block and watched Romania go absolutely
crazy at midnight. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
There were fireworks everywhere and the whole city just lit up. It was
like something I have never seen. Romania knows how to celebrate the
right way. haha


Also this week we went back to the hospital and visited the kids and
their families again. I think we are going to continue doing that
because we have found the most success in doing that. It is really cool
now because we are kinda known in the hospital and when we come
everyone says hello and treats us like kings. They are always so happy
when we come. We still sang hyms and we also gave a little message
about Heavenly Fathers Plan. We got 3 numbers out of it so it was
really successful.


Well I love you all! From the emails it looks like everyone had a good
New Years and is doing great. I am so happy out here and this church
is so true. I love it and I love being a missionary. Have a great
week. Miss you and love you all!!!



Elder Mayans


Pictures
 I miss Chester a lot but I have a lot of dogs to keep me company!!!!
This is my friend who lives at the park.
Also the group picture is at the hospital.






No comments:

Post a Comment