Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jacobs Missionary letter- week 4


5-29-2013

Hello Family and friends again!!!!! This is week 4 e-mail which is crazy! I have been here for a month…. ahhhhh!

So this week has been a crazy one. So much has happened but at the same time it hasn't because weeks go by so fast here. I still love the MTC and you really can feel the spirit so strong here. I’m trying to think of something that really stood out this week. So, as all you guys know the MTC is basically sitting in a classroom all day and they just cram so much information into your brain. Surprisingly though, the longer I’m here the more I’m not as overwhelmed. It’s not because we are doing less work, I think I have just been able to use my time better. You really don’t have much time though. Everyday is so busythat sometimes you don't know what time it is. So this week actually has been a little harder for me. I feel like I learned so much in the first few weeks with the language and I haven’t learned as much as I have wanted to this week. I am still learning so much and my testimony has grown so much. Just the thought of leaving to Romania in 12 days freaks me out a little bit. I am so excited to go and I have spent a lot of time on my knees asking Heavenly Father to prepare me more because I know for a fact I am not ready to go to Romania by myself. I know that through and only through the Lord can I be a successful missionary.

Another big thing that happened this week was I became Zone Leader! My zone is so awesome and it’s a really good group of missionaries. I don’t know if I have told you guys but my zone has about 65 missionaries in it. It includes all the missionaries going to Italy and Romania. My leadership position caught me by surprise but I am so excited to serve them. I’m convinced we have the best zone in the MTC. Actually tonight we are getting a few more Italian missionaries so I have to welcome them which I am looking forward to doing! I thought I was busy enough with everything else that I have been doing but I guess the Lord doesn't think so.  I am excited and my goal is to get to know everyone and bring us closer together. I also know that as I continue from other peoples examples, that I will become a better leader. I am looking forward to growing a lot from this because I honestly don’t know that much.

Yeah, that’s about it. I am lovin' life here. At times I do get a little home sick but I know there is no experience like serving a mission and I love serving the Lord. I hope everyone is safe and happy! On the days that are really hard for me and I can’t focus very well, I think of all of you guys and know that you believe in me. It helps me to think that everyone back at home supports me and loves me. Thank you for everything and for all the prayers. I can feel them and they comfort me. Anyway, the church is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. If we show our trust and faith in Him, he will help us become the people he wants us to be.


P.S. Keep those letters coming!! There is no such thing as sending too many letters.

Elder Mayans


No comments:

Post a Comment