Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Another awesome week in Romania!!!


Hey family!!!!                                    9-2-2013

It was just another great week out here in Romania. It’s starting to cool down a little and turning into fall so I'm loving it. First off, this week was transfers week and as a result I'm staying in Galati. I am getting a new companion. His name is Elder Anderson and get this, he was in my district in the MTC! So it’s just going to be 2 pretty new elders in Galati. I’m really excited and we are going to learn a lot from each other. Since we are still pretty young, we are going to have to learn because there is no senior companion. I talked to him on the phone the other day and he sounds a little worried. Ha-ha He’s a super chill guy and I'm not worried about us at all. As for the rest of my district, Elder Ward is going to Iaşi and Elder Cunningham is going to Bucharest. Elder Ward will now be my Zone Leader so I I'm looking forward to that.

So a few things happened this week. First off, we had our last English class on Saturday. Everyone decided they wanted to watch Hotel Transylvania in English with Romanian subtitles. That movie is so funny and everyone in the class got a kick out of it. Unlike last transfer with only one English student, it was a lot harder to say goodbye to them because it was a really good class and they all liked us. I feel like we really helped them understand who we are and what we represent. Hopefully some of them will come back in the near future and want to learn more.
Also this week we visited the Prada Family. They served us dinner ( Ardei îm Pluţi), which is basically stuffed peppers filled with meat and other things. They were super good. The Prada's are pretty funny people. They are old Romanians who just sit in their house all day. Brother Prada is obsessed with reading all the Ensigns so he is always quoting things from different prophets. They are really down to earth and we had a good conversation with them. 
This week for FHE We had two members show up. We ended up just eating ice-cream and talking. 

As for missionary work, Edward and Bianca are still improving. They went to church yesterday, which makes that 2 weeks in a row. They are one of the reasons I am super excited to stay so that I can still stay in contact with them. I really feel like they will be baptized in the near future. They are still pretty young so we will have to contact their parents and see if it will be ok. 

 Also this week we met a guy on the street named George. He is Australian so he always speaks English. I wouldn't say he’s an investigator because our first encounter with him was him making fun of us. Ha-ha But we actually met up with him a few days ago and talked a lot about the gospel. His whole family is atheist and he has never really looked into any type of religion so he was surprised about a lot of the things we told him. If nothing comes out of it, at least we set him straight about what we believe. He thinks we are cool guys so hopefully he sees that we are normal people and what we are saying is true. Also George is always inviting us to hang out with girls or go out and get a beer. We have told him many times but it is just not clicking with him that we don’t do that stuff. Ha-ha 

Like I said before it felt like a good week. I feel like we did less contacting and had more success. It’s slow but there is progress. I love serving in Galati and doing all that I can to help the people here. There is no other place I’d rather be. I love this Gospel with all my heart and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. 

Sorry I am sending this letter so late. We just had the biggest branch BBQ party show up. It was great. I will post pictures.

Love you all. 

Elder Mayans







No comments:

Post a Comment