Monday, March 3, 2014

Romania!


2-3-2014

Hello everyone!!!


I’m sorry I actually don’t have a ton of time today so my e-mail might
be a little short but I had another great week. I mean how could I not
I’m serving a mission in Romania. Ha. So earilier this week we went down
to Bucuresti for a Zone Training meeting. Elder Brundage and I didn’t
have to give a presentation this time so we just sat there, but it was
still a really good meeting. There is a ridiculous amount of sisters
in this mission now. Nine sisters came in last transfer and I
think we have sisters in every city now which is crazy. Let’s just say
it makes it interesting. During the meeting we talked a lot about the
best ways to approach doing missionary work and also how to be more
organized. Also, we had a really funny good experience at the train
station when we were going to Bucuresti. Elder Brundage and I love to
play the game "Table" which is like backgammon and it’s very popular here.
There are always really old guys playing it on the streets. So we
heard some people playing upstairs so we went up there to watch and
ask where they bought their board because everyone has one but they
don’t sell them! haha Anyways, long story short they were very surprised
that we were Americans who liked to play table. They talked to us for
about a half hour about religion and stuff. It was awesome and really
cool that I was playing Table with an old man at a train station.

The rest of the week we did a lot of English and Book of Mormon
contacting. We ran into a few people that we have seen in the past and
had good conversations with them. It has been raining on and off so
sometimes there aren’t as many people on the street. Also on Saturday we
went Hospital contacting again which was great like always. I can’t
sing but I’m grateful that my district can because then you can’t hear
my voice. haha We had the opportunity to share with a few people about
what we do and why we are here. It felt good to make people in the
hospital happy.

Sunday, we had a good fast and testimony meeting. The only people that
showed up were the 4 missionaries, President Spooner, and one member.
We are small but strong. We sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives in
Sacrament meeting and for some reason it hit me really hard and the
Spirit was really strong. Seeing only a few members of the church show
up every week is really hard but their faith is so strong. I always
say to the members, " suntem putin dar puternici" which means we are
small but strong. ha I love the gospel so much and missionary work is
the most amazing thing in the world. I love you all and miss you tons.
Have a great week and we will talk next week. The ZL's are coming here
for exchanges on Thursday so I will let you know how it goes. Love you
all and thank you for the letters!

Elder Mayans




No comments:

Post a Comment