Monday, June 23, 2014

Dracula here I come!


6-23-14

HEYOOOO!!!


Thank you everyone for all the e-mails and for all the birthday shout outs!!!! It’s great to hear from everyone and I’m sorry if I don’t get to writing you back. I want to write all of you back but I only have so much time! I love and miss you all! Thanks for everything.

So yeah it’s my birthday this week. It’s really crazy for me because I was in Romania on my last birthday. Time really does fly fast and this past year has been one of the best years of my life! So many things have happened and it’s incredible that it was all just in one year.

It was a really good week and also the last week of the transfer. I only want to hit on a few things because they are the most important but in general a lot of things happened. So we went to Craiova this week for our last exchange of the transfer. I went on an exchange with an Elder that is only in his first transfer so it was really cool experience being with him. I also love the City of Craiova so much so it’s always good to visit. 

English classes ended this week and they were a success this transfer. The class was great and a lot of the people were interested in the gospel. I was able to talk to a lot about the church and give them the Book of Mormon. It always feels good to be able to have a good conversation with someone about the church. Most people on the streets aren’t very interested but that’s what’s so great about English class is that is shows them that we are good, normal people and it gives them time for them to be more comfortable with us. Then when we talk to them about the church they are much more open and interested in what we have to say. Hopefully those potentials will pass on to next transfer. 

Which leads perfectly into next transfer. I am now being transferred from the big city of Bucuresti to the city of Cluji!!!!!  I know you don’t know where that is but it is a great city and I am extremely lucky to serve there. Cluji is in Transylvania and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It is one of the prettiest cities in all of Romania and there is a really strong branch there. I will be going there on Wednesday and it is about a 10 hour trip so I will be on a sleeper train for the first time. I will be serving with Elder Jarmen who I don’t know very well but it will be good to get to know him more. So yup I’m going up to where Dracula is!!! I’ll have to update you more when I get there but I heard it’s beautiful and the people are very nice. That means I will be back to a normal missionary!! Thank goodness! haha No it was fun being Zone Leader but there was just a lot of busy work that I had to do and that’s not really my style. ha Now I can just focus on talking to people and teaching our investigators the Gospel!  

The last huge thing that went on was that I participated for the first time in my entire mission three baptisms!!!! They were the investigators of the Elders in our district and it was a really good experience to see someone make the decision to be baptized. I actually went to their house (the people who got baptized) a few months ago and had dinner/a lesson with them. It was cool to see them progress and become part of the branch. They are really good people and you could tell that they were prepared and ready to make such a big step in their lives. 

Well that’s about it everyone. The next time I talk to you I will have a new mission President, President Ivory. I’m a little nervous but it will be great. I’m sure there will be a lot of new changes coming up in the near future. Thanks again for all the love and support. Much love to you coming all the way from Romania.!!!

Elder Mayans





No comments:

Post a Comment